Rime of the Wanderin' Seafarer

Born upon a wave and wind, boy,
your sea will only ebb and flow.
Play me a song, tell me a tale,
uncover what secrets I hold.
I hold.

To another island, we row, boy.
Seek what terror lurks in stone.
To save a girl from a dragon,
and aptly reap what you've sown.
What we have sown.

The legends speak of he,
who sets worlds free.
A legend speaks for me,
who is set free?
Free.

So now tell of ghosts and bones,
for an ancient world hides below.
A faceless foe with an ageless throe.
Your destiny waits in the fold.
In the fold.

Now on this new day, a cold wind blows.
Hence comes and calls you out to go
and save a girl and the world too,
and don't you know, that's how it's told.
That's how it's told.

The legends speak of she
who sets hearts free.
A legend speaks of he
who'll set her free.
Set her free.

Set her free.

Within the belly of the beast, son,
you danced and cut your way through foes
to find that there's so much more
to this destiny that you behold.
Destiny you behold.

The legend's tale of strength,
which sets souls free.
The legend speaks of he
who flies with me.

Comments

Submitted by anikiroo on Thu, 2011 Dec 22 - 22:26

That's one kind of music I love, smooth with an interesting lyric, so worth of listening!

Submitted by Epicsword3 on Fri, 2012 Mar 09 - 15:31

epic the best of the best

Submitted by jakes14 on Fri, 2012 Mar 23 - 16:19

This song puts me in the best of moods!

Submitted by the1zeldafan on Tue, 2012 May 01 - 16:37

this song is so peaceful and relaxing

Submitted by XOrdinary on Tue, 2012 May 01 - 16:56

This song is masterfully put together, and I think it's awesome. I love the guy(s') voice(s), and the lyrics are great--as well as humorous in some places, too! "...To save a girl, and the world, too..."

Submitted by Acubed on Thu, 2012 May 03 - 08:29

This was in my collection long before OCRemix picked it up. I never thought I'd like lyrics set to Zelda music.

I was wrong.

Submitted by HylianSwordsman1 on Mon, 2012 Nov 05 - 23:07

If you thought you'd never like lyrics to Zelda music, then you obviously have never watched any of OoTFreak1's videos. She is amazing- I really do urge you to go check out her channel.

Submitted by Kentos on Wed, 2012 May 09 - 17:31

I like this song a lot. Its very relaxing and at the same time, hilarious.

Submitted by Shadow Mori on Wed, 2012 Sep 12 - 14:21

All I can say is that you put every little thing I love about WindWaker into a song, and got it right. Best song ever.

Submitted by SageNabooru on Mon, 2012 Sep 17 - 23:11

Simply amazing i love this, i heard it here when my sister interdouced m to radio hyrule back when it had its old name which i forget... but i forgot the name of the song and heard it when i was watching a stream i listen to this song alot now! i love!

Submitted by Beta-Dachi on Tue, 2012 Oct 23 - 17:30

the old name was WZMR or something like that

Submitted by XOrdinary on Mon, 2012 Oct 29 - 19:10

Yep, World Zelda Music Radio.

Submitted by Hammy on Wed, 2013 Aug 28 - 18:28

I remember those days! The adds sounded cooler. :D

Submitted by Zeldawesome224 on Tue, 2012 Oct 23 - 17:29

It's cool and all, but it's just not my thing. no offence.

Submitted by XOrdinary on Mon, 2012 Oct 29 - 19:11

That's what I thought at first, too, but then I kept listening it...pretty soon it started to grow on me. Now, whenever it comes on, I can't help but sing along... XD

Submitted by Alden Duquette on Mon, 2012 Oct 29 - 20:09

I agree with both of you; While it's not my usual style, I find it's growing on me, though very, very slowly. The problem for me is that it left out the best part of WW music, i.e: the hot, Irish beat, and turned it into this mellow thing. I doubt I'll ever appreciate THAT shift.

Submitted by XOrdinary on Tue, 2012 Oct 30 - 23:17

It didn't incorporate the Title/Staff Credits theme, but it was based off the Dragon Roost Island theme. Although I must ask, what defines "Irish" music? :) It is quite mellow at first, really relaxing, but then as it goes on it gets REALLY intense...I love that. :D

Submitted by Alden Duquette on Wed, 2012 Oct 31 - 00:39

If you call this song "intense" you'd better steer clear of Artifical Fear :P What I define as "Irish" music is the unique selection of instruments, fast-paced tempo, and overall... I can't put my finger on the word, but if you've ever listened to Irish folk groups, you know what I'm talking about.

Submitted by XOrdinary on Thu, 2012 Nov 08 - 19:52

I listen to Artificial Fear all the time (and have it downloaded on my iPod)...I meant the guitar becomes heavier and louder and the strings really start to pick up and so forth. Intense part of the song. XD I don't think I've ever heard any Irish fold music before, but I'd like to. :)

Submitted by erbilgerbil on Sun, 2013 Aug 18 - 00:24

I don't want to call anyone out on their shit, but I think what he (or she) is trying to say is that he doesn't like Celtic music. "Irish music" isn't actually a thing while Celtic music umbrellas pretty much the northern UK, not just Ireland. Celtic music usually involves harps, accordions, bagpipes, and a plethora of string instruments. There is actually folk music that falls under this category and it's used at festivals and doesn't sound all that good. That's probably what he (or she) is thinking about. Celtic music, however, is beautiful and very soulful in it's own way and usually revolves around Irish mythology (like fairies and shit). However, THIS SONG is neither Celtic or Folk music, but I'd love to hear some Celtic remixes of some Zelda songs. I would simply call this genre "an acoustic rendition" and call it a day. If you do actually want to get into Celtic music, I would like to recommend you Loreena McKennitt. She also does music from other countries as well (like India), so be careful when choosing. Have a nice day. :)

Submitted by Alden Duquette on Wed, 2013 Aug 28 - 19:57

I believe you are thinking I meant Scottish music. I did not. I meant Irish. And yes, there ARE differences between Celtic, Scottish, and Irish music. I can't define them all in exact terms, but I can tell you, for one thing, that bagpipes are definitely Scottish/Celtic, but not Irish.

Example: I would say that "Hoy, Small Fry!" from OCR's 25Year Legend (http://radiohyrule.com/song/hyperduck-soundworks-hoy-small-fry) is definitely Scottish/Celtic. However, I would consider "Windwaker Unplugged" by Freddegedde (http://radiohyrule.com/song/freddegredde-wind-waker-unplugged) to be leaning more towards the Irish side.

That's not to say that I don't like Scottish or Celtic; in fact I like them very much. I just wanted to clear up these discrepancies.

Submitted by mew2keegan on Mon, 2012 Oct 29 - 16:42

For being a zelda song site, my friends and I definitely don't hear any zelda in this song. Out of 10 of us, 6 have taken off their headphones so they don't have to listen to it, I'm one of the 4 still listening.

I have not heard anything relating to the games, it may just be ignorance, but... I don't see how this made it.

Submitted by XOrdinary on Mon, 2012 Oct 29 - 19:14

First of all, it's to the theme of Dragon Roost Island, a song from Wind Waker--that's kinda your first hint. But if you're talking solely about lyrics, you must've missed the point, and drastically at that. It's a creative way of telling the story of Wind Waker. Like how a poem isn't crystal-clear, this song is inspirational yet not entirely visual. It's up to interpretation by the listener, kinda. And it's a good song, too, really catchy. You just gotta give it a chance, like I did.

Submitted by Alden Duquette on Mon, 2012 Oct 29 - 20:11

I gave it a chance, and I still much prefer Legend of Cool :P No offense

Submitted by XOrdinary on Tue, 2012 Oct 30 - 23:15

You have a point, Legend of Cool is really good, too.

Submitted by Sericikana on Thu, 2013 Nov 28 - 16:29

indeed.

Submitted by dark_hollow on Tue, 2012 Oct 30 - 18:59

Nice zelda song! very catchy!

Submitted by Epicsword3 on Sun, 2012 Nov 04 - 22:38

U can download it at OCremix.org i have this song on my Ipod

Submitted by kaptainbean on Thu, 2013 Jan 24 - 15:52

the best of all songs

Submitted by mikejcsauer on Tue, 2013 Apr 23 - 23:40

Have always loved this song.

Submitted by EnSevenTea on Sat, 2013 May 18 - 23:32

I listen to this when I'm just relaxing, such an amazing voice. Coupled with one of the greatest OST in the Zelda collection.

Submitted by erbilgerbil on Mon, 2013 May 20 - 22:48

Words cannot express the love I have for this song. I know it by heart now, even though I've only had it on my Zune for about two days. This song will never not be on repeat.

Submitted by wizardlink1211 on Tue, 2013 Nov 05 - 22:43

very cool

Submitted by Sericikana on Thu, 2013 Nov 28 - 16:27

simply beautiful. the dragon roost island theme as it should be.

Submitted by LinkTheHeroOfTime on Thu, 2013 Dec 19 - 21:43

I too like this song, but the vocalist sounds a little flat. Sorry for seeming cynical, I still love the song!

Submitted by Befu on Thu, 2014 Apr 17 - 17:04

I totally agree!

Submitted by Alden Duquette on Fri, 2013 Dec 20 - 00:57

I still think this song is overrated. :P How it got more favorites than Thunderstruck is beyond me. :P

Submitted by Deku Sages on Thu, 2014 Mar 20 - 08:16

Is there something wrong with this song? Every time I try to request it, it says it already has been, but it never comes on. :/

Submitted by Befu on Thu, 2014 Apr 17 - 17:04

I'm sorry, but his vibrato sounds shaky, like he's nervous. I like the song, but I think another group could sing it better. IMHO.

Submitted by ZeldaOtaku21 on Fri, 2014 Apr 18 - 05:16

What do you mean it sounds shaky?! It sounds fine to me...

Submitted by Befu on Fri, 2014 Apr 18 - 21:04

He doesn't sound confident in his singing ability (it shows through his vibrato, making it sound like he's nervous), he sounds whiny, and flat. XD I don't think he's using his vibrato to his advantage. When my husband gets home, I'll have him listen to the song and point out what the guy is doing wrong with his voice.

Submitted by ZeldaOtaku21 on Fri, 2014 Apr 18 - 22:49

I understand what you mean
Yeah now that I've heard it for four times I see what you're talking about.

Submitted by Befu on Fri, 2014 Apr 18 - 22:58

Yay! :D

If you want, I can still give a commentary on what the singer is doing wrong with his voice. My husband is trained to pick out errors like that. :)

Submitted by ZeldaOtaku21 on Fri, 2014 Apr 18 - 23:11

Really? Is that his job?!
You've got a keeper lol
Is he a zelda fan/Hylian also?

Submitted by Befu on Mon, 2014 Apr 21 - 17:44

It's not necessarily his job. :) He was a music major in college, but right now he's a Database administrator for his work. Of course he's a Zelda fan! What Zelda fan wouldn't marry another Zelda fan? ;D (kidding of course.. There are plenty lol)

Submitted by zyko on Fri, 2014 Sep 19 - 23:59

what "errors," you arrogant prick. nobody cares about your husband's "ability" to pick out errors in ART. could it be that this is just the way i sing? lol

i'm impressed by your incredibly in-the-know insight into whether or not i was nervous or unsure of myself while singing lol why would i be nervous? you don't know me

but thank you for having the presence of mind to sound like a total douche instead of simply stating that you didn't like the song which is perfectly fine as i don't make music for you or your husband

toodles!

Submitted by Fiery Klongo on Fri, 2014 Apr 25 - 01:26

So much win! This was perfect!

Submitted by SalemKittie on Fri, 2014 Oct 24 - 16:48

Incredible. I'd love hearing more lyrics to zelda music if it's anything like this. Very moving.

Submitted by Kendall916 on Sat, 2015 Aug 01 - 06:33