- What is Radio Hyrule?
- Why was this project started?
- Is it a real radio station?
- Can I listen on my [insert high-tech gadget here]?
- Do you guys have an iPhone/Android app?
- Can you guys play my songs?
- Why don't you play official Zelda soundtracks?
- Are you looking for any new staff members?
- What if I'm not a staff member? Can I still help?
- Can I download songs from the music library?
A member of the Zelda Music Network, Radio Hyrule streams fanmade versions of music from The Legend of Zelda series.
2. Why was this project started?
This project was created in order to provide Zelda music fans with a means to conveniently listen to hundreds of remixes from hundreds of different artists all in one place, while offering exposure and feedback to aspiring musicians. Read our About Us page to learn more.
3. Is it a real radio station?
If by "real" you mean broadcast live using airwaves, then no. Radio Hyrule is an online radio station, meaning where there's internet, there's Radio Hyrule. As cool as it would be to be on the airwaves, it just can't compare to the much larger audience we can reach on the World Wide Web. Who knows, maybe someday we'll get some awesome deal with some broadcasting agency, in our dreams.
4. Can I listen on my [insert high-tech gadget here]?
You can listen to Radio Hyrule on pretty much anything that can connect to the internet. Known devices include any computer with speakers, any iOS (with at least iOS 3), most Android-based devices, Nintendo Wiis, Playstation 3s, and Playstation Portables. Let us know if there are more out there, and we'll try to get some guides up on them.
5. Do you guys have an iPhone/Android app?
We're looking into creating our very own app for listening to the radio and submitting requests. If you're someone that knows how to make one, email us! We know of an iPhone app that lets you tune in called "Unofficial Zelda." That application is unaffiliated with Radio Hyrule so please don't report any bugs to us, we can't do anything about it!
6. Can you guys play my songs?
Perhaps. We have what we call the "No-cringe Test", which all songs must go through before being put on the air. Basically, if listening to your song makes us cringe, we probably aren't going to air it. You're always welcome to try again if you don't pass though. Send a link to the file using our Contact page. If there are songs out there that you didn't make and want us to add to our library, send us those as well.
7. Why don't you play official Zelda soundtracks?
There's really no need to.. at least we don't feel there is. It would sort of go against our aim to promote the works of fan artists in that the radio would be flooded with songs from the games. Sure we could quite easily double the size of our library, but at the same time we'd be diluting from playing more fan music. Maybe if demand ever gets high enough we'll set up a separate stream, or host a weekly segment of all in-game music. That could be doable.
8. Are you looking for any new staff members?
We're always looking for new talents to join the Radio Hyrule Team. Here are a few we're on the look out for specifically, but if you feel you have something else to offer, let us know!
- News - You're good at writing. You're informed. You inform others. As a news writer you'll be responsible for writing news for the Radio Hyrule front page. A good candidate is motivated, has excellent writing skills, is well informed about news, and can relay news to others in a timely manner.
Absolutely! There are a couple ways you can help. If you find a good Zelda song on the internet, drop us a line and we'll look into possibly adding it to the rotation. In addition, you can tell your friends about us! Join our Facebook page or forums and get in with the community! It's the easiest thing you can do. Or else you can send us a donation to help keep us from going broke. Hosting a site and radio costs money. Hosting a site and radio without any advertisements costs even more money. We would love to keep it ads-free!
10. Can I download songs from the music library?
No. Radio Hyrule does not possess ownership of all of the songs in the music library. Therefore, we are unable to redistribute works created and owned by other artists. Your best bet will be to find the artist's original upload of the song, which can typically be found via YouTube, or Newgrounds search. Also, a fair chunk of our library consists of music from Zelda Reorchestrated, as well as OverClocked ReMix.
Back to Top